Skip to main content

Course Outline

Conservation Stamps

All persons with a hunting license also must purchase a conservation stamp and have the stamp in their possession while hunting. The only exceptions are for persons who are hunting with any of the following Wyoming licenses:

  • Daily hunting license
  • Disabled veteran game bird, small game, and fishing license (100% disabled)
  • Furbearer trapping license
  • Military combat general elk or general deer
  • Military combat game bird or small game license
  • Pioneer license for hunting or fishing

Annual conservation stamps are available from the WGFD headquarters or regional offices, from license selling agents, and on the WGFD website. Lifetime conservation stamps are also available.

Federal Duck Stamps

All persons 16 years of age or older must have a Federal Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamp (“Duck Stamp”) to hunt ducks, geese, and mergansers. For more information, visit the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Duck Stamp website.

  • Unit 11 of 11
  • Topic 3 of 9
  • Page 7 of 9