Skip to main content

Course Outline

Persons who do not have a hunter education certificate may apply to the WGFD for a Hunter Mentor Program (HMP) special authorization to hunt with a firearm.

  • A special authorization from the HMP is valid for a maximum of one year.
  • No person may apply for more than one special authorization.
  • Anyone with a special authorization must be accompanied by a mentor who:
    • Is 18 years of age or older and…
    • Has a hunter education certificate and…
    • Has a valid Wyoming hunting license.
  • A mentor may not supervise more than one person at a time.
  • Unit 11 of 11
  • Topic 2 of 9
  • Page 2 of 2