If you have a hunting license and harvest a big game animal, trophy game animal, or wild turkey, you must tag it.
- Before leaving the site of the kill, you must:
- Detach, sign, and date the proper coupon and…
- Attach the coupon to the carcass of a big game animal or wild turkey or to the hide of a trophy game animal.
- You must keep the coupon on:
- The big game animal’s or wild turkey’s carcass until the meat undergoes processing
- The trophy game animal’s hide until you arrive at your home or the taxidermist
- While you are transporting the carcass or hide, you may remove the coupon to keep from losing it.
- If you detach the coupon, the person accompanying the carcass or hide must have the coupon in his or her possession at all times.
- If the person transporting the carcass is not the hunter, the hunter keeps the license, and the person transporting the carcass keeps the coupon in their possession at all times.