Skip to main content
- When choosing a firearm for hunting, make sure you meet any minimum legal requirements for caliber, gauge, or the amount of energy produced by the projectile. When hunting, your firearm should:
- Be powerful enough to kill the game quickly and effectively and…
- Fit you properly and…
- Have the correct amount of recoil, usually moderate, so that you will practice more often and shoot more proficiently.
- The ammunition you select for hunting depends on the type of game you plan to hunt. Most manufacturers recommend specific ammunition for each species.
- When hunting with a shotgun, also be sure to select the proper choke and ammunition combination.
- Unit 5 of 10
- Topic 1 of 4
- Page 2 of 4