With approximately 85% of the land in Arkansas being privately owned, most hunters in Arkansas must obtain permission to hunt.
- Some do this by just asking the landowner, and others pay to lease hunting rights from private landowners.
- Landowners and leaseholders can post property.
- Posted signs must be placed no more than 100 feet apart. Signs must say “POSTED” and/or “NO TRESPASSING.”
- Another method of posting land is with purple tree paint. This paint is prescribed by the Arkansas Forestry Commission.
- To be ethical and responsible, honor the landowners and work to get their permission.