Skip to main content
- The concept of wildlife conservation has been around since ancient times.
- Restrictions on taking game are mentioned in the Bible, and the first official hunting season may have been established in the 13th century by Kublai Khan.
- Today, wildlife conservation has evolved into a science, but its goal remains essentially the same: to ensure the wise use and management of renewable resources.
- Given the right circumstances, the living organisms that we call renewable resources can replenish themselves indefinitely.
- Preservation is another means of protecting or saving a resource, such as by outlawing hunting of endangered species.
- Both preservation and conservation are necessary to sustain resources for future generations.
- Unit 9 of 10
- Topic 1 of 3
- Page 1 of 10