The Hunter's Image Matters
Responsible hunters welcome laws that enforce sportsmanlike hunting practices because the behavior of irresponsible hunters has caused some people to oppose hunting.
- Nationally, about 5% of the population hunts, and roughly the same percentage actively opposes hunting.
- The rest of the population is predominantly neutral. However, bad behavior by hunters could sway some of the neutral crowd into the anti-hunting camp.
How Hunters Make a Positive Impact
To make a positive impact, hunters:
- Put in countless hours to improve wildlife habitat.
- Help biologists transplant game species and save other species from extinction.
- Encourage others to practice ethical behavior.
- Advocate and support legislation that protects wildlife resources.
- Present a professional image when talking to the media.