Benefits of Hunting Laws
To conserve wildlife for future generations to enjoy, wildlife management laws were passed. These laws allow game to flourish by:
- Establishing hunting seasons that limit harvesting and avoid nesting and mating seasons.
- Limiting hunting methods and equipment.
- Setting “bag” limits on the number of animals that can be taken.
- Establishing check stations and game tag requirements to enforce the laws.
Safety, Opportunity, and Funding
In addition to ensuring the availability of game for future generations, hunting laws:
- Establish safety guidelines for hunting that protect both hunters and non-hunters.
- Offer equal opportunity for all hunters, whether they use modern firearms, muzzleloaders, or bows.
- Ensure adequate funding for wildlife programs by collecting license fees, which annually raises millions of dollars.