Follow these steps to field dress game birds.
- Wear plastic or latex gloves. On the bird's abdomen, pluck the feathers or remove the skin.
- Remove the head, feet, and wings. Make a cut along the soft lining tissue on the abdomen. (See figure below.)
- Reach inside up to the neck and pull backward. Most of the entrails should pull free. (See figure below.)
- Clean out the lungs and around the anus.
- Wipe the inside to remove blood, and allow air to circulate.
- Store the bird in a cool, ventilated place.