Tree stands are a great way to take your hunt to the next level, but they also come with new dangers. Watch the video below for a refresher on how to stay safe in your tree stand.
Tree Stand Hunting Safety
Here’s a recap:
- Unload your rifle and use a haul line to get your equipment safely into the stand. Always keep the firearm pointed away from you.
- Wear your fall-arrest system from the time you leave the ground until you are back on the ground. This can include:
- A full-body harness
- A lineman’s-style belt or climbing belt
- A lifeline system
- A tree strap
- A tether
- A suspension relief strap
- Practice three-point climbing: Always keep three points of contact with the tree or your ladder.
- If you do fall, use your suspension relief strap and keep your legs moving.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions every time you use your tree stand.