Skip to main content
Skip audio player
- It is common to categorize wild animals into groups that are similar in some way; for example:
- Large mammals
- Small mammals
- Upland birds
- Waterfowl and wetland birds
- Birds of prey
- Game animals are wildlife that can be hunted legally. To be classified as legal game, the animals must:
- Be useful, primarily for food.
- Be abundant with population levels that can be sustained.
- Offer a unique or traditional challenge for hunters.
- Species that are listed as “threatened” or “endangered” are protected by law.
- Some species are protected from hunting because their numbers are small and they produce no surplus to harvest.
- Examples of protected species are eagles, falcons, and owls.
- Unit 12 of 13
- Topic 3 of 4
- Page 2 of 12