It is illegal to trespass on another person’s property. You must have permission from the landowner or lease holder before entering or hunting on his or her land, even if the land is not posted or fenced.
- A railroad right-of-way is considered private property.
- Hunters may enter another person’s property to pursue game animals or furbearers only if:
- The animals have been lawfully injured or killed and…
- The hunters are unarmed while pursuing the animals that have come to rest on or escaped to another person’s property.
- Entering the right-of-way of a public road or highway is not trespassing.