Types of Licenses and Stamps
The Iowa DNR issues the following types of licenses: Hunting, Deer, Furharvester, and Turkey.
- The type of license(s) you need depends on the game you plan to hunt or trap.
- A Hunting License is required to hunt upland and small game, deer, migratory game birds (waterfowl), and turkeys. To hunt deer or turkeys, you also must have a Deer License or Turkey License.
- A Furharvester License is required to hunt or trap all furbearers. The only exception is coyotes and groundhogs, which may be hunted or trapped with a Hunting License.
- Iowa residents who are 65 years of age and older, and disabled veterans, may purchase a Lifetime Hunting License.
- Iowa residents and non-residents 16 years of age or older must carry a valid Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamp (Federal Duck Stamp) while hunting wild geese and wild ducks. The stamp:
- Must be signed by the hunter across the front of the stamp and…
- Is required even if a Hunting License is not required.