Drawing and Anchoring the Bow
To draw the bow:
- If you are right-handed, grip the bow handle firmly in the left hand, but don’t squeeze.
- With your bow arm straight, raise the bow to a point that your arm is parallel to the ground. At the same time, draw the string back to your “anchor point” with the three drawing fingers of your shooting hand.
- The anchor point may be the corner of your mouth, your cheekbone, or your chin.
- Practice will help you determine your best anchor point—one that’s both comfortable and provides the most accurate shooting.
- Your fingers should touch the same anchor point each time you draw the bow.