All states have federal- or state-owned public lands that are available for hunting. Public lands may have special regulations that regulate hunting on these properties and may require special permits. Be sure to check with the appropriate agency and obtain maps before you go out to hunt.
Public lands that may be open for hunting are:
- Bureau of Land Management properties
- Bureau of Reclamation properties
- National Wildlife Refuge properties
- National parks and forests
- State parks and forests
- State-owned wildlife management areas