The purpose of the deer drive is to make the deer move, not run, out of their hiding places.
- Driving involves a group of hunters, some acting as “drivers” and others as “posters.”
- Drivers spread out across a field or woods and push game out of cover.
- Posters take positions at the end of the cover to intercept game pushed out by the drivers.
- The success of a drive depends on good organization and being familiar with the terrain.
- It is critical that everyone involved in the drive is aware of the position of other drivers and posters. Wear fluorescent orange, and never shoot in the direction of another hunter.