Crossing Obstacles: With Others
Always unload guns before crossing fences or other obstacles or before negotiating rough terrain. When crossing obstacles with others:
- Stand back-to-back and unload both firearms.
- Have one person hold both firearms, following the steps for passing a firearm to another person.
- Let the person without the firearms cross the obstacle.
- Hand both firearms to the hunter who has crossed. That person confirms that he or she has control of both firearms.
- Let the second person cross the obstacle.
- Return the firearm to the second person.
- Stand back-to-back to reload and continue the hunt.