Hunter's Personal Code of Conduct
Responsible, ethical behavior is essential to the survival of hunting.
- Each hunter should develop a personal code of conduct (sportsman’s code), which includes but is not limited to:
- Following all laws and regulations
- Behaving properly and appropriately at all times
- By developing a personal code of conduct, you will be able to:
- Act more responsibly.
- Have more respect for your own behavior.
- As you develop your personal code, remember that:
- Your behavior as a hunter reflects on all hunters. How you behave may have a positive or negative effect on people’s opinions about hunters and hunting.
- Positive actions by responsible hunters lead to a more positive public image of hunters.
- One result may be greater acceptance of and support for hunting.
- In addition, others may be more interested in becoming hunters.