These rules may help you survive if something goes wrong.
- Give a responsible person your hunting plan.
- Don’t travel or hunt alone.
- Take enough food and water to last for several days in an emergency.
- Bring a map and compass, and always orient yourself before leaving camp.
- Wear layered clothing, and take extra clothing, preferably wool and polyester, with you.
- Plan your outings so that you can return to camp before dark.
- Never leave camp without taking fire-starting equipment and a foil blanket.
- Don’t panic if you become lost.