Nebraska Hunt Safe Session
Only those under 16 years of age are required to attend a Nebraska Hunt Safe Session.
If you are under 16 years of age, in order to complete the Nebraska hunter education requirements, you must pass both the online and Hunt Safe Session portions of the hunter education course.
Pay Only When You Pass
Important Hunt Safe Session Information
Registering for the Hunt Safe Session
Upon completion of the approved online course, students who are 11 through 15 years of age will be required to attend a Hunt Safe Session in order to receive certification. Attending a Hunt Safe Session is optional for individuals ages 16 and older who have completed the approved online course.
To register for the Hunt Safe Session in your area, go to http://www.register-ed.com/programs/nebraska/156.
Warning! Passing the online course does not guarantee you a spot at the Hunt Safe Session.
What To Expect at the Hunt Safe Session
Hunt Safe Sessions are two hours in length and cover three primary objectives:
- tree stand safety
- equipment safety
- shoot/don’t shoot scenarios
The Hunt Safe Session will review these three objectives for both Firearm Hunter Education and Bowhunter Education in the same session, following completion of the approved online course(s). To learn more about Nebraska's online bowhunter education course, visit www.bowhunter-ed.com/nebraska.
Important Bring your Nebraska Hunt Safe Session Voucher to the Hunt Safe Session as proof of having completed the online hunter education course.
After attending and passing the Hunt Safe Session portion of the hunter education requirement, you will receive your Nebraska Hunter Education Certificate.
Hunter Education Documents
- Hunt Safe Session Voucher
- If you are under 16 years of age, the Hunt Safe Session Voucher is proof that you have successfully completed the online portion of your hunter education requirement. Students must present the Hunt Safe Session Voucher at the Hunt Safe Session to gain admittance.
- Hunter Education Certificate
The Hunter Education Certificate is proof that you have successfully completed all the hunter education requirements and can legally purchase a permit to hunt in the state of Nebraska.
If you are under 16 years of age, you will receive the Hunter Education Certificate from the Nebraska Game & Parks Commission after successfully completing the Hunt Safe Session.
If you are 16 years of age or older, after passing the online Licensed Hunter Exam, you'll immediately print out your Temporary Hunter Education Certificate (valid for 30 days). You can get your first copy of the permanent Nebraska Hunter Education Certificate online for free from the Nebraska Game & Parks Commission.
- Hunt Safe Session Voucher
- To replace a lost or destroyed Hunt Safe Session Voucher, you can log in to the course and print a new one.
- Temporary Hunter Education Certificate
- To replace a lost or destroyed Temporary Hunter Education Certificate, you can log in to the course and print a new one.
- Permanent Nebraska Hunter Education Certificate
- You can print a replacement Permanent Nebraska Hunter Education Certificate for $5 by visiting http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/hunting/programs/education/2011_certificate.asp.