The legal shooting hours for taking game are as follows.
- Big game and trophy game animals: from one-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset
- Small game: from one-half hour before sunrise to sunset
- Furbearers: 24 hours a day; however, hunting at night with artificial light is not legal
- Migratory game birds and upland birds (except pheasants): generally from one-half hour before sunrise to sunset but some exceptions exist (see the hunting regulations for exceptions information)
- Pheasants: varies by hunting area, date, and type of pheasant (male pheasant only or any pheasants)