Hunting with Artificial Light
It is illegal to use an artificial light or lighting device to take any wildlife in Wyoming. You also are violating the law if you use artificial light while you:
- Are in any area that may be inhabited by wildlife and…
- Have in your possession and control any device for the taking of wildlife.
Here are the only exceptions.
- Predators may be taken with the aid of an artificial light or lighting device by:
- A public officer who is authorized to control predators or…
- A landowner, resident manager, or person who has the landowner’s or resident manager’s permission when the person is on land under the landowner’s control and is protecting the landowner’s property.
- Persons hunting raccoon and accompanied by a raccoon hunting dog may hunt with the aid of a hand light. If hunting on private land, the hunter must have written permission from the landowner or the landowner’s agent.
- When taking game animals, persons with central visual acuity disabilities, and in possession of a central visual acuity disability permit, may project a light from a rifle scope onto their target.