About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the Wyoming Hunter Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your Wyoming Hunter Education Card.

Learn More Register for the Course

Persons who do not have a hunter education certificate may apply to the Wyoming Game & Fish Department (WGFD) for a Hunter Mentor Program (HMP) special authorization to hunt with a firearm.

  • A special authorization from the Hunter Mentor Program is valid for a maximum of one year.
  • No person may apply for more than one special authorization.
  • Anyone with a special authorization must be accompanied by a mentor who:
    • Is 18 years of age or older and…
    • Has a hunter education certificate and…
    • Has a valid Wyoming hunting license.
  • A mentor may not supervise more than one person at a time.