Washington Archery Laws and Regulations
These rules and regulations apply to all bowhunters.
- Bows used for big game hunting must have a minimum draw weight of 40 pounds.
- Arrows used for big game hunting must weigh a minimum of 6 grains per pound, with a minimum arrow weight of 300 grains, including the broadhead. Broadheads must be sharp and be a minimum of 7/8" wide. Barbed broadheads are illegal.
- Bowhunters may not shoot at wildlife from a vehicle or from across or along a public road.
- Bowhunters may not use any device(s) attached to the bow which allows the bow to be held at full draw.
- Bowhunters may not have electrical devices attached to the bow or arrow.