Other Restrictions on Hunting Methods
Electronic calls are prohibited when hunting wild animals and wild birds. However, you may use electronic calls to hunt bobcats, coyotes, and foxes:
- On private property if you have written permission from the landowner
- On public lands unless it is specifically prohibited
Live decoys are prohibited when hunting or calling game.
You may not shine a light attached to a vehicle or from a vehicle into areas where deer may be found if:
- You do not have written permission from the landowner or…
- You are in possession of firearms or other hunting equipment capable of taking game animals.
Crossbow and archery equipment may be used during all hunting seasons. When hunting with archery tackle, these restrictions apply:
- The arrow must not contain any drug, chemical, or toxic substance.
- The arrowhead must not have an explosive tip.
Fully automatic firearms are illegal.