Skunk and Opossum Sets
- These two furbearers can be caught in sets made for foxes. The dirt hole set, especially, will catch opossums and skunks. When an opossum is caught in a fox set, the trap should be re-boiled to remove the opossum odor.
- Do not make sets for opossums and skunks in den holes or woodchuck burrows. These burrows are often used by other kinds of wildlife such as rabbits.
- The cubby set can be used to catch opossums and skunks.
- Both the trap and bait must be covered, as with all land sets.
- Use tainted bait, and make sure the trap is back far enough into the cubby opening to avoid catching dogs.