American Marten Sets
Bodygrip traps are recommended for trapping the American marten. Be sure that the traps are anchored securely.
Cubby Sets for American Martens
Like the raccoon, American marten can be caught with baited cubby sets. The cubby with a bodygrip trap can be located on or above the ground.
Pole Sets for American Martens
Because the marten is a good climber, pole sets also work well for trapping this furbearer.
- Place the bait on a leaning pole or in a tree.
- Attach the bodygrip trap to the pole or tree relatively close to the bait, making any desired modifications such as:
- Nailing sticks to the pole to keep the trap secure
- Replacing the single pole with two small poles and attaching other poles across to hold the trap and the bait
- Anchor the trap to the pole or tree.