About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the timed Tennessee Hunter Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your Hunter Education Card.

Learn More Register for the Course

A WMA may be closed to all motorized vehicles if it is necessary to do so to protect wildlife, vegetation, and/or property. If motorized vehicles are allowed in a WMA, these regulations apply.

  • All motorized vehicles must be equipped with:
    • A muffler to suppress noise and...
    • A spark arrestor to prevent fires.
  • Motorized vehicles may not be operated:
    • On any road that is posted as closed or...
    • Off the roads into woods or fields or...
    • On utility right-of-ways.
  • Off-road vehicles (ORVs) may be operated:
    • Only on designated trails or on roads open to other motorized vehicles unless otherwise prohibited by state or federal statute
    • During daylight hours and when participating in an authorized activity
Hunter on ATV