Vehicles in WMAs
A WMA may be closed to all motorized vehicles if it is necessary to do so to protect wildlife, vegetation, and/or property. If motorized vehicles are allowed in a WMA, these regulations apply.
- All motorized vehicles must be equipped with:
- A muffler to suppress noise and...
- A spark arrestor to prevent fires.
- Motorized vehicles may not be operated:
- On any road that is posted as closed or...
- Off the roads into woods or fields or...
- On utility right-of-ways.
- Off-road vehicles (ORVs) may be operated:
- Only on designated trails or on roads open to other motorized vehicles unless otherwise prohibited by state or federal statute
- During daylight hours and when participating in an authorized activity