The Hunter's Image Matters
Responsible hunters welcome laws that enforce sportsmanlike hunting practices because the behavior of irresponsible hunters has caused some people to oppose hunting.
Nationally, about five percent of the population hunts, and roughly the same percentage actively opposes hunting. The rest of the population is predominantly neutral. However, bad behavior by hunters could sway some of the neutral crowd into the anti-hunting camp.
How Hunters Make a Positive Impact
To make a positive impact, hunters:
- Put in countless hours to improve wildlife habitat.
- Help biologists transplant game species and save other species from extinction.
- Encourage others to practice ethical behavior.
- Advocate and support legislation that protects wildlife resources.
- Present a professional image when talking to the media.