Steps You Should Take to Prepare for a Hunt
A successful hunt begins with careful planning and preparation. The process usually requires more time than the hunt itself.
Here are some steps you should take to prepare for a hunt.
- Educate yourself about the game you’ll be hunting and its environment.
- Obtain the most current state regulations.
- Buy appropriate clothing and gear for the environment.
- Obtain written permission before hunting on private land.
- Acquire the appropriate hunting permits.
- Visit the hunting site in the off-season to set up blinds and stand locations.
- Sight-in rifles, handguns, and bows; pattern shotguns.
- Sharpen your skills at the shooting range.
- Pack extra firearms, scopes, bow strings, etc.