Rules of Survival
- Give a responsible person your hunting plan.
- Don’t travel or hunt alone.
- Take enough food and water to last for several days in an emergency.
- Bring a map and compass, and always orient yourself before leaving camp.
- Wear layered clothing and take extra clothing, preferably wool and polyester, with you.
- Plan your outings so that you can return to camp before dark.
- Never leave camp without taking fire-starting equipment and a foil blanket.
- Don’t panic if you become lost.
Skills of the Survivor
Hosted by Peter Kummerfeldt, one of the world’s leading authorities on survival, this DVD acquaints you with the skills necessary to survive an outdoor emergency. It is available at www.nbef.org or by calling 605-716-0596.