About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the Nebraska Hunter Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your Hunter Education Certificate.

Learn More Register for the Course

All persons 16 years of age or older must obtain a Harvest Information Program number annually before hunting migratory upland game birds (except crows) or waterfowl in Nebraska.

  • The migratory upland game birds included in the program are ducks, geese, doves, woodcocks, snipes, coots, and rails.
  • Even persons registered for HIP in another state must register in Nebraska before hunting migratory birds or waterfowl in this state.

For more information and to register for HIP, go to the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission HIP website or call 877-634-8687.