Apprentice Hunter Education Exemption Certificate
Apprentice Hunter Education Exemption Certificates are available for persons at least 12 years of age who want to go hunting and see if they like it before they take a hunter education course.
Persons 12 through 29 years of age who have not completed a hunter education course must carry an Apprentice Hunter Education Exemption Certificate while hunting.
- An exemption certificate is available only once during a person’s lifetime.
- The certificate expires on December 31 and may be renewed only once.
- The fee is $5.
- Any person carrying an exemption certificate must be accompanied by a licensed “experienced” hunter who is at least 19 years of age. The experienced hunter:
- Must have certification from an approved hunter education course if he or she is 19 through 29 years of age.
- May not accompany more than two persons with exemption certificates at the same time.
- Must always be in unaided visual and verbal contact with the apprentice hunters.