Safe Hunting Habits
The most important habit you can acquire as a hunter in any capacity is safe shooting. In addition to following the rules that all shooters observe, muzzleloader shooters must instill the following rules in their daily habits.
- Don’t smoke around black powder or approved substitutes.
- Never prime or cap your firearm until you’re ready to fire.
- Identify your target and what’s beyond it.
- Protect your hearing and vision.
- Don’t use alcohol or drugs before or while shooting.
- Remember that you’re responsible for gun safety.