About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the timed Today's Muzzleloader Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your Muzzleloader Education Certification Card.

Learn More Register for the Course

All states have federal- or state-owned public lands that are available for hunting. Public lands may have special regulations that regulate hunting on these properties and may require special permits. Be sure to check with your state’s wildlife management agency and obtain maps before you go out to hunt.

Public lands that may be open for hunting are:

  • State parks and forests
  • State-owned wildlife management areas
  • National parks and forests
  • National Wildlife Refuge properties
  • Bureau of Land Management properties
  • Bureau of Reclamation properties