Funding Hunter Education
- Through funding from the Pittman-Robertson Act, the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service provides federal aid to state wildlife agencies to support a variety of hunting-related projects, including hunter education, land acquisition, and improvement of wildlife habitat.
- State wildlife agencies sponsor state hunter education programs.
- Non-governmental organizations (Ducks Unlimited, National Rifle Association, International Hunter Education Association, etc.) offer hunter education and firearm safety education materials and training.
- Many firearm and archery manufacturers provide training materials to teach hunters how to use their products safely.
- Local hunting clubs, civic clubs, and businesses often provide the facilities and equipment for hunter education courses.