Where? Who? When?
Where are you going?
- Highlight an area on a map, or draw a map of your own.
- Be specific about your location.
- Notify someone if you change your plans while in the field.
Who is with you?
- List the names of the people you are with.
- List their contact information (phone numbers, addresses, etc.).
When are you returning?
- Be specific (e.g. I’ll be back at the house by 8:00 pm on the 19th.).
- Allow for delays.
- Set “alarm” times. Tell your family or friends how long they should wait before taking action to find you. It is very important that you call someone if you change your plans and are going to be late.