Most turkey hunting injuries happen when one hunter stalks another.Don’t stalk turkeys! It doesn’t work and it’s dangerous.
To safely hunt a turkey:
- Assume any noise is made by a human.
- Never wear turkey colors—red, blue, black or white.
- Call only with a large tree at your back.
- Drape an orange vest around a tree near your calling location so that other hunters know you’re there.
If you see another hunter:
- DON’T MOVE!
- Don’t wave, whistle or make turkey or animal sounds to attract his or her attention.