If You Plan to Hunt On Private Land
- Get permission from the landowner well before the day you want to hunt.
- Confirm with the landowner the date and time you will be hunting every time you hunt.
- Stop by when you leave to let the landowner know you made it back safely. Offer to share your game.
- Send a thank you note afterwards.
- Always clean up your trash, including any flagging and empty shells.
- Always follow the landowners’ instructions. There may be restrictions on where and when they want you to hunt.
- Never shoot around houses, buildings, or livestock.
- Leave gates as you find them.
- Report any acts of vandalism or unusual situations.