Cleaning Your Firearm
Clean your firearms after every use to keep them in top condition. Always give firearm cleaning your full attention. Never clean a firearm while doing something else.
- Point the muzzle in a safe direction—then make sure the gun is unloaded.
- Remove all ammunition from the cleaning bench.
- For the most thorough cleaning, field strip the firearm as directed in the firearm owner’s manual and clean each part separately.
- If possible, clean the barrel from the breech end using a cleaning rod with a brush or patch attached. Pass the brush or patch all the way through the barrel.
- Use cleaning solvents in a well-ventilated area and only as directed.