Checking for Obstructions
Always check that your bore is clear of any obstruction or debris before you go afield. Occasionally you may trip or stumble in the field, accidentally dipping the barrel into the ground or snow. Immediately check for an obstruction.
- Point the muzzle in a safe direction.
- Open the action, unload the firearm, and remove the bolt (if applicable).
- Check for debris in the barrel.
- Remove the obstruction with a portable, sectional cleaning rod.
- Recheck the barrel.
- Reload, and close the action.
Clearing Plugged Gun Barrels
Press the play button (▶) above to start the video. Trouble with this video?