Feral Hog Dressing/Processing
Hunters in Louisiana should be aware that feral hogs carry diseases that can be transmitted to humans. The following precautions should be used when processing feral hogs.
- Always wear rubber gloves (shoulder length is advised).
- Wear glasses, goggles, or a face shield.
- Avoid direct contact (bare skin) with fluid or organs from the hog.
- Never eat, drink, or use tobacco products while processing feral hogs.
- Always clean tools used in processing with a bleach solution or other disinfectant.
- Always cook wild pork to at least 160˚F before consuming.