About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the timed Iowa Hunter Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your Hunter Education Certificate.

Learn More Register for the Course

To Hunt: You Must Have:
Deer Hunting License and Deer License
Furbearers Furharvester License
Migratory Game Birds Hunting License and Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamp (Federal Duck Stamp)
Turkey Hunting License and Turkey License
Upland and Small Game Hunting License

Deer and Turkey Licenses, as well as Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamps (Federal Duck Stamps), must be purchased annually.

Licenses for residents and non-residents are available from:

For information about purchasing a Federal Duck Stamp, visit the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service website.

More information on licenses, stamps, and fees is included in the "Iowa Hunting and Trapping Regulations."