ATVs/ORVs and Hunting
It is illegal to operate ATVs and ORVs:
- On private land without the landowner's permission
- On highways (except for agricultural purposes)
- On DNR wildlife management areas*
- With more people on the vehicle than it was designed to carry
- While transporting guns, unless they are unloaded and in a case
- In order to chase or hunt any game animal
*Physically handicapped hunters may be eligible for a permit to operate an ATV or ORV on DNR lands. Permission for access is still required.
Iowa's specific ATV and ORV regulations are available by contacting your local state conservation officer, county recorder, or local DNR office.