Attention! The information on this page may save your life or the lives of your friends and family.
“T.A.B. + 1”—The Four Primary Rules of Firearm Safety
- Treat every firearm as if it were loaded.
- Always keep the muzzle in a safe direction.
- Be sure of your target and beyond.
- +1 Keep your finger outside the trigger guard until ready to shoot.
Practice the Rest of the Ten Commandments…
- Check your barrel and ammunition.
- Unload firearm when not in use.
- Point a firearm only at something you intend to shoot.
- Don't run, jump, or climb with a loaded firearm.
- Store firearms and ammunition separately and safely.
- Don't drink alcoholic beverages before or during shooting.