International Hunter Education Association (IHEA)
The organization’s mission is to continue the heritage of hunting worldwide by developing safe, responsible, and knowledgeable hunters. Since its inception, IHEA has endeavored to:
- Serve as the primary resource for information on hunter education.
- Promote hunter education by providing opportunities for the exchange of ideas, knowledge, and experiences.
- Promote hunter education by fostering cooperative efforts among government agencies, organized groups, and industry.
- Uphold the image of hunting as a legitimate tool of wildlife management and as a recreational activity throughout North America.
- Promote programs which prevent hunting accidents.
- Cultivate honesty, self-discipline, self-reliance, responsible behavior, and good citizenship among hunters.
- Strive for constant improvement in hunter education programs.
- Fully involve volunteers and other associate members in all affairs of the International Hunter Education Association.