- The fisher frequents areas where different types of habitats come together because it finds much of its food in these locations.
- Traps for fisher can be set on or above the ground.
- The two types of traps recommended for trapping fisher are cage traps and bodygrip traps.
Cubby Set for Fishers
To trap fisher on the ground, use a cubby set with a bodygrip trap or a cage trap.
- With a bodygrip trap, be sure to make the entrance to the cubby smaller to avoid catching larger, non-target animals.
- If you use a cage trap in the set, either make the entrance to the cubby smaller or use a smaller cage to avoid catching larger, non-target animals. With a cage trap, you also can release any non-target animal you might catch.
Pole Set for Fishers
Since the fisher is a good climber, a leaning pole set with a bodygrip trap can be a very effective way to trap this furbearer. An advantage of a pole set is that it may help you avoid trapping non-target animals.