Supporting Wildlife Management Personally
Good habitat is key to wildlife survival. With enough food, shelter, water, and space, wildlife can thrive despite severe weather, disease, and predation.
One aspect of wildlife management is fostering habitat and regulating human use of habitat and wildlife. While we can’t control the weather, we can help in other areas. Ensuring adequate good shelter, for example, can help protect animals from severe storms. In this way, we can depend on wildlife being around for future generations.
What are some ways you can support wildlife?
- Purchase a hunting and trapping license. This is the easiest way to show your support.
- Join a sportsmen’s association or conservation organization.
- Get involved in activities such as stream cleanups or wildlife population surveys.
- Hunt responsibly.
- Educate others about the importance of wildlife management.
- Donate time and money to management-oriented conservation groups.