Exception to the Education Requirement
Persons who do not have a hunter education certificate may apply to the Wyoming Game & Fish Department (WGFD) for a Hunter Mentor Program (HMP) special authorization to hunt with a firearm.
- A special authorization from the Hunter Mentor Program is valid for a maximum of one year.
- No person may apply for more than one special authorization.
- Anyone with a special authorization must be accompanied by a mentor who:
- Is 18 years of age or older and…
- Has a hunter education certificate and…
- Has a valid Wyoming hunting license.
- A mentor may not supervise more than one person at a time.