Persons must be at least 12 years of age to take any big game or trophy game animal.
Persons under 14 years of age must:
- Have their license application to hunt big game or trophy game co-signed by a parent or guardian and…
- Be accompanied at all times while hunting big game or trophy game by a person 18 years of age or older.
- The person accompanying the hunter:
- Must have a hunter education certificate, be a part of the Hunter Mentor Program, have a current big game hunting license, or have been issued a Wyoming big game hunting license within the last five years and…
- Must not supervise more than one hunter under 14 years of age.
- If the person accompanying the hunter is not the hunter’s parent or guardian, the hunter must possess a signed permission slip from his or her parent or guardian that allows the hunter to hunt with supervision.
Additional restrictions also apply to persons under 14 years of age when hunting small game animals and game birds. Check the Game and Fish Statutes before you go hunting.